This year, support your local maple producers by buying their products and cooking with maple. Our banana and maple muffins are excellent at breakfast or as an afternoon snack. Serve them hot with maple syrup or butter.
1 ½ cup flour
1 cup oat flakes
1 tbsp. baking powder
½ cup nuts (walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, etc.)
2 ripe banana
¼ cup canola oil
½ cup maple syrup
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
2. In a first bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. In a second bowl, combine all the liquid ingredients.
3. Gradually combine the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients bowl. Mix with a spoon.
4. Pour the muffin mix into a buttered muffin mold (12 muffins). Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
5. Before serving, top with maple syrup.