Chef Norbert came up with a delicious deconstructed salad recipe. It is bursting with the best autumn flavours such as butternut squash, spaghetti squash and, of course, apples. Serve this recipe as a starter or as a side dish.
Fruits and vegetables
1 butternut squash
2 cup fresh spinach
3 red bell peppers
1 spaghetti squash
3 apples (your favourite kind)
1 cup ricotta
1 cup goat cheese
¼ cup Parmesan
1 lemon (zest and juice)
2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
3 tbsp. beat juice
¼ cup olive oil
3 sprigs of rosemary
10 basil leaves
Homemade croutons (optional)
1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup cold butter cubes
¼ cup water
1 beaten egg
Red pepper flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut the spaghetti squash, butternut squash, onions and apples into any shape you like. Scoop the seeds out of the squash with a spoon and place all the vegetables on a baking sheet.
2. Season with olive oil and pepper, then bake for 20 minutes.
3. Remove the vegetables from the oven. Using a fork, scrape the flesh from the spaghetti squash and remove the skin from the red peppers. In a skillet, toast the sliced zucchini in a drizzle of olive oil for 5 minutes.
4. In a pot of boiling water, blanch the spinach for 30 seconds. Drain the spinach and cool in a bowl of cold water. Place them on absorbent paper. Toss the spinach with the ricotta and season with ground pepper.
5. Prepare the vinaigrette by mixing together olive oil, red wine vinegar, beet juice, pepper, lemon zest and juice.
6. Assemble the salads by dividing the spaghetti squash and spinach on the bottom of the plate. Place the roasted vegetables and goat cheese at random on the plates. Add the rosemary, basil, edible flowers, homemade croutons then finish by adding the vinaigrette.
Instructions (fried basil):
1. Place the basil leaves between 2 sheets of absorbent paper and place a plate on top. Reheat in microwave for 45 seconds
Instructions (Homemade croutons):
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Using a mixer, combine the flour and the butter. Incorporate water and mix. Wrap the dough in plastic film and refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. Roll the dough and cut in long triangle shape. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
3. Brush the dough with beaten egg and add red pepper flakes. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.